Important Bottling Information
If you want to reuse bottles they need to be cleaned and spotless before you bring them in, or you will be turned away. See below for an easy method to clean your bottles.
- You need to bottle between 12 and 21 days after brewing (14 days is ideal).
- Please get in touch if this timing presents a problem for you - you might be able to leave it longer but we won't guarantee the brew.
- Book your bottling session during your brew with our staff or ask us to email you a bottling voucher for you to book it in later.
- Bottling takes about 60 to 90 mins per brew (less time if you have more bottlers).
- There’s no charge for bottling but you will need to organise bottles.
Disposal of old beer: Beer that is left in our fermentation room longer than four weeks can pose a risk to other beers and will be disposed of on your behalf, unless a special arrangement has been made.
Bottles that we sell
No pre-order required - when you arrive for bottling, let us know which bottles you want and how many.
|Screw top lid||plastic||$0.20|
|Crown seals x150||$6.00|
|*Count based on a 40L brew size.|
- Before you bring your bottles in for bottling, make sure they have been cleaned and are spotless
- Clean bottles then go through our bottle sanitiser machine, dirty bottles will only compromise our sanitiser and everyone's beers.
- If the bottles are not cleaned prior to your arrival, you will either have to buy bottles from us, or reschedule your bottling session and come back with clean bottles.
- We do not have facilities to clean dirty bottles on site.
- There is an easy way to clean bottles at home using Napisan. Click here to find out how.
- The sugar added during bottling will begin converting into CO2 (and a small amount of alcohol) by the yeast present in your finished beer.
- Store the bottles in a warm place (17 - 20C) for two weeks to condition and carbonate.
- Avoid areas with big fluctuations in temperature and avoid direct sunlight.
- After your two weeks is up, chill your bottles upright in a fridge for at least a couple of hours.
- Take care not to disturb the sediment (yeast) when pouring your beer into a glass or jug.
You can design your own professional quality, personalised labels using Excel Digital's online portal.
- Choose from a range of designs and add in personalised text, then simply complete payment and they ship the labels straight to you.
- Turnaround is at least two weeks from ordering the labels to receiving them, so once you’ve chosen your beer style, order your labels so they are ready when you bottle your beer.
- The labels are waterproof and removable, so when it comes to reusing your bottles they come off easily.
- Use the button below to view the label portal. You'll need to create an account if you don't already have one.